Pharmaceutical and Food Processing Environments Require Seamless Quality
For sanitary applications, like pharmaceutical and food processing, it is critical that the weld area not have the potential to
entrap contaminants. The narrow, deeply penetrated weld found in laser welding minimizes the chance for contamination
United Industries has invested in the best technology available to offer 1/2" – 6” stainless steel tubing for pharmaceutical
and food processing applications that outperform TIG welding and other laser welds. We offer a broad range of products
in a variety of stainless steels. We adhere to the highest industry standards:
- Fully compliant with 3A, BPE, ASME, and ASTM, or applicable customer specifications
- Adheres to ISO 9001:2000, ISO/TS 16949:2009 Registered Quality Management System (RQMS) standards
ASTM Chemical Composition Requirements (Max.)
|(C) Carbon, max
|(Mn) Manganese, max.
|(P) Phosphorus, max.
|(S) Sulphur, A270-S2
|(Si) Silicon, max.
United Industries performs all required ASTM A270/A1016 testing. In addition, we also perform flare, flatten, flange,
and reverse bend tests. Surface roughness is measured per ASME/ANSI B46.1 requirements. These measurements
are derived from four (4) readings taken at cross sections approximately 90 degrees apart.
Pharmaceutical A270-S2 ASME BPE:
- SF1 (Mechanical Polish) 20Ra max. (0.5µm) ID, 32Ra max. (0.8µm) OD
- SF4 (Electro Polish) 15Ra max. (0.4µm), 32Ra max. (0.8µm) OD
- Sanitary A270 (3A) TPV Certified: Bright Annealed, ID-only, OD-only, ID & OD
- Mechanical Polish = 32 Ra OD, 20 Ra ID.
All mechanical polished tubes meet or exceed A270, 3A, A270-S2, ASME BPE.